BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

First 5k!!! Woohooo!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope you had a WONDERFUL New Year's Eve!! I know I sure did!! Emily here, and I finished the first 5k of our resolution! Okay, so technically it's not ACTUALLY in 2010, but I'm still counting it as the kickoff of our project. Today's run was the 5k (3.2 miles) around CSU campus. This is where I went to college and it was so much fun running around the really familiar places, including the dorms and my most-visited buildings. We even had to hang out in Clark A101 for awhile where I spent many long, annoying hours in biology class. It was a blast though! I'm not quite sure what my time is yet. The ticker was at 36:20 when I crossed the finish line, but we were some of the last to cross the starting line. I will just have to wait until the results are posted online. I did finish an entire song earlier than last time though so I'm pretty sure I beat my last time! Woohoo!! I unfortunately had to walk a bit on this one because of some ice on the road and around 1 1/2 miles my calf hurt like a mother. But once I gave myself a good kick in the butt (figuratively) I started running again and that made the pain go away for the rest of the race. I got to run this one with my friend Sarah and her friend Tanya. They are so fun, but man they are hardcore!! They are trying to talk me in to doing a half marathon with them in August or September. We shall see, we shall see :) Here's a few pics for your enjoyment:



Yes, you guessed it. I was running so fast that the camera couldn't keep up with me :) j/k My husband tried to use the "burst" mode on our camera and apparently it doesn't work with the flash so this is all we got of the actual race. My mom wanted me to post it anyway.



Here is me (on the right) with Sarah and Tanya and Sarah's sons Judah and Ian. Sarah pushed Judah for the whole race in a jogging stroller and Tanya is halfway through her pregnancy. They both smoked me. Go figure :) They sure are fun though!!



And last, here is me with my new t-shirt and racing number, all tired and sweaty and cold at the same time. All in all it was a blast and I'm so excited to start our blog this way!! Happy New Year everyone!

<3 Emily

1 comments:

Twila said...

Nice job! Good way to start the year!